My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

RELEASE DAY BLITZ REVIEW: Madness by Kailee Reese Samuels

Title: Madness
Series: Sinister Fairy Tales Collection
Author: Kailee Reese Samuels
Genre: Dark Romance/Reverse Harem
Release Date: December 17, 2019


As a starry-eyed child, I wanted to believe my shining prince would ride up on a white horse, present a diamond ring, and carry me away to his castle. His love would be endless and our lives would be the happily ever after all girls dreamed about. I never knew the fairytale was nothing more than a lie.

I was a good girl.
Until one night, one tiny trip, one little mistake, one moment of indiscretion. 
When I fell down the rabbit hole, I stumbled into the absolute fantasy, succumbing to their whims and rituals. As their very naughty girl, I embraced the nightmare and refused to ever leave.


The Darkland is mine. 
And those monsters will kneel before their one true Queen.










 






HOSTED BY:

Sonja's Review


I was first drawn to Madness because of its cover, it’s beautiful, simple, and just very aesthetically pleasing to me and I was curious about it. I figured that it would be an Alice in Wonderland re-telling with a title like that and when I checked out the synopsis I saw that it was and also that it would be a reverse harem romance. At first, I wasn’t sure if I would read it since that particular sub-genre is still pretty new to me, but I’m committed to this collection, so I did want to take a chance on Madness. And for the most part I really enjoyed it, I loved the world that Ms. Samuels built, it was fascinating and recognizable, but also unique and completely of her own making.

Madness was the perfect title because it definitely had that kind of vibe and I was able to follow along most of the time, though there were a few instances where I had to play catch-up. I didn’t always feel comfortable, but this book truly surprised me in places and despite those little lost moments, I don’t regret reading Madness at all. It was super steamy, unexpected, and there was never a dull moment.
~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment