My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Thursday, August 27, 2015

REVIEW TOUR: Own Me by Lexi Scott

OwnMeTour
Own Me 
Publication Date: August 17, 2015 
Also in this series: Risk Me 
Own Me Cover

AmazonAmazon UKAmazon CAB&NKoboiBooks


Synopsis: 
Genevieve Rodriguez’s life isn't panning out the way she’s always envisioned. At all. Not only is she exactly one “D” away from getting kicked out of school, but her heart is in pieces after her long-time crush marries someone else. For Genevieve, sunny Silver Strand has never felt more dismal.
Then Adam Abramowitz, her super-cute, super-smart physics tutor—who never seems to notice even her sexiest tops—tells her his Visa is about to expire and he’s going to have to return to Israel. Suddenly the words pop out Genevieve's mouth before she can stop them. “Marry me.” At first, it's a joke...until it's not. Because in that brief, unexpected moment, everything changes. The rules. The boundaries. And Adam and Genevieve are about to discover what happens when you push the limits.

Add to Goodreads

Excerpt: 
I tilt my head to one side and really look at him. His sort of messy dark hair, the green eyes that feel warm on my skin when he looks my way, the jaw that’s kind of shockingly male.
He’s kind of shockingly male.
Maybe it’s just because I always tended to date guys who prided themselves on being rough around the edges, blaring their masculinity like a raw badge of honor, that I didn’t immediately realize how much more of a man Adam is.
He’s quiet, but that’s because he listens. To everyone, from his advisors to his lowly tutoring students.
He has a little bit of a dorky mad-scientist vibe going on, but he swept me in his arms like I weighed nothing when I tripped on my heels and then growled at me like a testosterone-crazed wild man.
He works, hard. He makes sure little old couples get their kosher treats, even when he wants to run after crazy me.
He’s a man. The best kind of man. The kind of man I’ve ever been lucky enough to call a friend.
And now we’re going to be married. Even if it’s just in name, I feel proud to think of linking my life with Adam’s.
I hug my folder to my chest as Adam walks me to class, careful to keep a few inches of friendly distance between the two of us. I wonder if that will change.
Maybe after tonight?
The Griffith observatory? My poached spinach and walnut pesto chicken? A starry night spent laughing and getting to know each other?
This fake marriage is getting off to an oddly real start.

Other Books in the Silver Strands Series...

Risk Me Cover

AmazonAmazon UKAmazon CAB&NKoboiBooks


Risk Me 
Publication Date: July 28, 2015 
Also in this series: Own Me 

Synopsis: 
For Cohen Rodriguez, getting dumped by his girlfriend was bad enough. Being told he's “not impulsive enough” was just the cheap parting gift. Still, he takes a break from his über responsible ways and dates his way through Silver Strand. Except it's not exactly turning out the way he thought...
On top of that, there's Maren Walshe, whose combination of sexy and down-to-earth is everything Cohen wants in a girl. But while they've recently been talking on the phone and texting every day, they've never actually met. Now Maren wants to meet. In person. Faced with turning his oh-so-safe fantasy girl into an uncertain reality, Cohen and Maren are both about to dive head first, ready or not.
Add to Goodreads
Hide_Me_500

AmazonAmazon UKAmazon CAB&NKoboiBooks


Hide Me 
by Lexi Scott 
Silver Strands #1 
Publication Date: July 7, 2015 
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Synopsis: Sometimes it's easier to run... Ripped apart by guilt and grief, nineteen-year-old Whit Conrad grabs her stuff and runs from her super-conservative home and family in Pennsylvania and hauls ass for sunny California. All she wants is escape. Now she has a craptastic apartment, a job at a tattoo parlour, and even a friend-who's-mostly-benefits. Then she meets a sexy, inked, surfer-dude who has the potential of capsizing everything... Deo Beckett is adrift. Underemployed and over-boozing, Deo knows he should be doing something more with his life. Being something more. All it takes is a pin-up hottie with a smart mouth—and a bruised soul—to force Deo to start looking below the surface. To wonder if there's more to life than being a beach bum. Now he's falling for Whit...and hard. But Whit ran from home for a reason, and she'll go to any lengths to keep Deo from learning the truth...

Add to Goodreads


About Lexi Scott

Lexi Scott
Lexi Scott is the combined forces of authors and best friends, Liz Reinhardt and Steph Campbell. Together, they write new adult and contemporary romance featuring strong, smart, feisty women and the swoony worthy, good guys who love them. The grew up on opposite coasts- one on the east, one of them on the west, but somehow, both ended up married and raising their families in the Southern U.S. They love traveling, good food, wine and hoarding books.


Sonja's Review


I was drawn to the Silver Strand series when I saw the cover of Risk Me, so when it came time to sign up for Own Me, that plus the fact that the synopsis sounded good, had me saying, "Why not?" I'm glad I decided to take a chance on this book because I really enjoyed it. It was just an awesome read and I'll definitely keep an eye on this series! 

What can I say about Genevieve except that she's fabulouso? She's strong but vulnerable, sweet but passionate, and smart but a little ditzy at times. She struggles and gets lost and confused, but she has such a huge heart that you can't help but love her. Gen did drive me a little crazy at times, but I truly did love her and I felt very loyal to her. 

Now, when we first met Adam with all his science-nerdy self, I was thinking that he might not be the alpha-possessive-protective guy that I prefer my heroes to be, but no sooner did I think that than when he did something that made me think he would be that guy after all. It was a very pleasant surprise because a hero can make or break a story - which he did - make it, that is. I just absolutely loved Adam - he's a sexy, thoughtful, adorkable nerd who's a HOT alpha that will make you want to smack him as much as you want to hug him! 

Own Me got under my skin and made me want yell, but also made me laugh out loud often and smile a lot. It was beautiful and heartache-y and touching. It was fantxcellent and I really loved it! 

Own Me is a standalone, it's told from Gen and Adam's POV, and it does end in a HEA. 

~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment