My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Monday, September 21, 2015

RELEASE DAY BLITZ: Love Burns by Mandi Beck


LoveBurnsBanner    

Synopsis


Love. It’s my name. It’s what I fight for. It’s Frankie. I’m a fighter. Trained to always keep my cover. To anticipate, see the next hit coming. I never expected her past to come at us swinging like it has. I’m about to take on two of the most important fights of my life. My girl and the belt. I know that I can handle it. That I’ll never stop fighting. But, what do you do when your life, your love is threatened and you can't take the hits – she has to? You shut your eyes and fucking pray like hell that she’s strong enough, fierce enough to come out on top. I went to war for her. Now it's her turn.  

Goodreads


  11997840_10153468930275412_401491080_n    

Giveaway

Author Bio

Mandi Beck has been an avid reader all of her life. A deep love for books always had her jotting down little stories on napkins, notebooks, and her hand. As an adult she was further submerged into the book world through book clubs and the epicness of social media. It was then that she graduated to writing her stories on her phone and then finally on a proper computer.
A nursing student, mother to two rambunctious and somewhat rotten boys, and stepmom to two great girls away at college, she shares her time with her husband in Chicago where she was born and raised. Mandi is a diehard hockey fan and blames the Blackhawks when her deadlines are not met.
Love Hurts is her debut novel and she is currently working on the next in the series along with whatever other voices are clamoring for attention in her mind.

Social Media Links

cropped-SSFprLogo3.png

Sonja's Review


I didn't really like Love Hurts, it was angstier than I was expecting and I spent most of my time not enjoying it, but I am happy to say that I LOVED Love Burns!! Yes, it had its angsty moments, but I got to enjoy it way more than I didn't. It was truly amazing and I couldn't have loved it more! 

I didn't like Frankie in Love Hurts, like at all. She just wasn't strong in the way that I needed her to be, but she totally turned it around in this one! She becomes the strong, fierce fighter that Deacon knows his girl to be and I loved her for it. Does she still have moments where she's not as strong and vulnerable - yes, but it never took her long to find her strength again. The Frankie in Love Burns is a heroine that I can and am proud of, she's awesome, and she does this completely epic thing that if I didn't already love her - I would have in that moment! She's an awesome, bada*s and if she wasn't your favorite person, please give her a chance because I know she won't let you down. 

Well, I didn't think it could be possible to love Deacon Love any more than I did before, but boy, did that man prove me wrong! I just can't even tell how much deeper I fell for the guy - he just utterly owns my heart. I love it when he's all possessive and protective, but it was his sweetness and devotion to Frankie that really got me the most and put me under his spell. Deacon Love is an amazing man and I so wish I had a guy like him to call my own!

Love Burns might not have hurt me as much as Love Hurts, but it still completely broke my heart, tore it out, punched me in the gut, and made cry and cry and cry. It made me so sad sometimes, but also incredibly happy at others, it made me laugh and yell and squeal and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Love Burns is an excellent read, it got inside me and made me forget the world - I loved it!

Love Burns must be read after Love Hurts, it's told mostly all from Deacon's POV, but we do hear a little from Frankie, and they finally get their long-awaited, meant-to-be HEA!

~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment