My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

RELEASE DAY BLITZ REVIEW: Steel by Amity Cross

Title: Steel
Series: The Beat and the Pulse #5
Author: Amity Cross
Genre: Fighter Romance Stand Alone
Release Date: March 23, 2016

All Josh “Steel” Caplin ever wanted was a little bit of glory…until he was left for dead on the street outside a hospital ER. 

The last thing he remembers is being beaten to a pulp at The Underground, the illegal cage fighting ring that’s bad news, but the only place he feels he belongs. 
When he finally wakes up, he stares right into the eyes of an angel and for the first time wonders if there’s something more out there for a guy from the wrong side of the tracks. 
When Dr. Holly Walsh finds an unconscious man on the street, she stakes her claim over her patient for better or worse. When he finally opens his eyes, she isn’t prepared for how deep that claim is about to run. 
They both have pasts they’d rather forget, but together they’re stronger…if only they’re strong enough to fight for each other. 
Can a bad boy fighter and a big time surgeon really make things work? 
Or when their two words collide, will it be sirens…or sparks? 
STEEL is the fifth full-length novel in the bestselling Beat/Pulse series from Amity Cross. 
Time to fight for the broken hearted…


Amity Cross isn’t her real name. That’s no secret.  She is the author of wicked stories about rock stars looking for redemption, gritty romances featuring MMA fighters and dark tales of forbidden romance. She loves to write about screwed up relationships and kick ass female leads that don’t take s**t lying down. Amity lives in a leafy country town near Melbourne, Australia and can be found chained to her desk, held at ransom by her characters. Don’t send help. She likes it.

HOSTED BY:

Sonja's Review


Oh, it has been too long since I read Amity Cross and I'm so glad I was able to read Steel! I fell in love with The Beat and The Pulse series from the very start and I can't tell you how good it was to visit that world again. Steel was an excellent book and I completely loved it! 

I instantly liked Holly and it didn't long before I loved her! She's strong, kind, and you can tell right away that she has a genuine heart. She's compassionate, understanding, but she definitely has fire in her. Holly isn't always sure of herself or of having a relationship with Josh, but once she does decide, she goes all in and fights for herself, him, and then. Holly is just awesome and I loved her! 

Josh - man, that guy is one stubborn hero! He's a great guy and totally worthy of Holly, but it takes a while for him to see that. I wanted to shake him for that because he's such a sweetheart and he's loyal and protective. He absolutely has his douchebag moments and uncertain ones, but I couldn't help but love him and I doubt you'll be able to stop herself either! 

Steel is about discovering yourself, overcoming your demons, and growing into a stronger, better you. It made my heart ache, it frustrated me, and kept me just as on edge as Josh and Holly when they wondering how and if it was going work out. It made me desperate to get to the end and see if they would get their HEA and I didn't always enjoy reading Steel, but it did make me laugh and smile and sigh and melt. Steel was wonderful and I can't wait for next book or to get caught up on the other books in series! 

Steel is a standalone, it's told from Josh and Holly's POV, and although I thought it might be touch and go there for a while and that we would get it cliffhanger, we got an awesome happily-ever-after ending that put a proud smile on my face! 

~ 4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment