My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Monday, August 8, 2016

RELEASE DAY REVIEW: Blind Spot by Katana Collins

Blind Spot
by Katana Collins
Publication Date: August 8, 2016
Genres: Adult, Entangled: Embrace, New Adult, Romance Blind Spot Cover

BUY:

Synopsis:
I’m used to going for the easy things in life.
The easy A in school.
The easy lay in bed. The easy life my trust fund affords me.
Until I met Shelby.
Never in my life have I found retro T-shirts and ChapStick so damn sexy.
She’s exactly what I never knew I wanted.
And she’s *anything* but easy.
But suddenly, easy is overrated.
Only one damn problem… For Shelby, *hating me* is easy.
For the first time in my life, I have to work for something. And though
she may not be easy…she’ll be worth it.

goodreads-badge-add-38px

Excerpt: 
At the corner of her mouth, a crumb stuck to her Chap Stick. This had to be a setup, right? My eyes were locked on her full bottom lip.
“You have a crumb.” I pointed. Her lashes lowered, and she darted her tongue to the wrong corner of her mouth, missing the cookie. All the blood rushed to my pants so quickly, I swear I got light headed.
Was this all in my mind? She didn’t seem aware of what she was doing as she brushed her index finger over the wrong side of her mouth. I slid a little closer, waiting to gauge her reaction, and her breath caught, almost like she was swallowing a gasp. A good gasp? One that was laced with need, I hoped. My pulse thundered, and my arousal was so thick it clawed at the base of my pelvis. But something more profound skimmed higher in my chest. Something new that flipped and somersaulted and wasn’t altogether unpleasant.
I leaned in some more, still hesitating. She seemed the skittish type, and I didn’t want to rush her. “You still missed it,” I said. Lifting my finger to her lips, I brushed at the crumb stuck there. I knew it was too soon, too fast. But God, I needed to taste those watermelon-scented lips, to feel them against mine.
I’d been slowly moving closer for the better part of thirty seconds, and as I tilted my chin down, her sharp breath and rm nipples were all the con rmation I needed. “Don’t worry,” I whispered. “I’ll get it.”

Blind Spot Teaser 1

ABOUT KATANA COLLINS

Katana Collins
Katana Collins bounced between a lot of different careers, including actor, photographer, television producer and finally after ten years of various jobs, she finally found her niche writing romance novels. With over ten books in a variety of romance genres, (paranormal, new adult, contemporary, and suspense to name a few), she's been keeping very busy these last few years.
She lives in Portland, Maine with her husband and brood of rescue animals. Most days, she can be found hunched over her laptop in a cafe, guzzling gallons of coffee, and wearing fabulous (albeit sometimes impractical) shoes. www.katanacollins.com
Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @katanacollins.

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY

Blind Spot Giveaway Graphic


Sonja's Review


The cover was the first thing that drew me to Blind Spot, but as soon as I read the synopsis, I wanted to read it! I had such a good feeling about it and was so excited for the time when I would be able to start it. I was so right and I couldn't have been disappointed if I had tried. Blind Spot was such an amazing book that I completely loved! 

Man, Shelby is one tough cookie, she's been through a lot in her life and although she definitely has her faults, I wouldn't change a thing about her. She's determined, kind, and caring, but she's also scrappy as she will mention. I loved that about her and that despite how attracted she was to Tate, she still managed to hold off on giving into him right away and I especially loved that she called him out and didn't let him get away with anything. Shelby is an excellent heroine and I am so glad and proud to see who she's become. 

I loved Shelby, but boy, did I love Tate even more! He's funny, silly, teasing, and playful. Tate always has a grin on his face and he always manages to put a smile on Shelby's face and bring her out of herself. There's so much more to him than just being the funny guy though. He is sweet, thoughtful, caring, understanding, and patient. Tate is so beyond wonderful, I fell more in love with him I think almost every time I saw him - he completely stole my heart and I won't forget him anytime soon and who knows, he might even be one of my all-time favorite heroes! 

I expected a light, funny, playful read in Blind Spot and while I got that for the most part, I wasn't expecting the little bit of dark, seriousness that we got also. I know that doesn't sound too good and maybe heaviness would be a better word, but what I'm trying to say is that just like there's more to Tate than being the funny guy, there's more this book than just the light, easy read. It will absolutely make you laugh and giggle and smile, but it will also make your heart ache, anger you, and shock you. Blind Spot is an incredible, heartbreaking read with beauty, depth, and heart. I wholeheartedly loved this book and it's hard for me to do it justice in this review, but I'll just say that you NEED to read it!! 

Blind Spot is a standalone, it's told from Tate and Shelby's POV, and their happily-ever-after touched my heart, made me cry happy tears, and is without a doubt one of the best endings I've read in awhile! I can't wait to read more of Katana Collins! 

~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment