My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

RELEASE DAY REVIEW: Hit Man by Michele Mannon

 
Title: Hit Man 
Author: Michele Mannon 
Series: Deadliest Lies, #3
Publisher: SMP Swerve 
Publication Date: December 6, 2016 

Synopsis: 
He always gets what he wants.

The seasoned seducer, who probably charms the panties off of every woman he meets. Diego is handsome. Arrogant. Dangerous. Far more dangerous than anyone I've ever met. And with one look from across a crowded room he has me; hook line and sinker, I'm his for the night.

Diego is not a man to mess with, I know that. I just can't seem to resist his kiss, his touch. But can I trust him with my heart, with my body?

I'm being hunted for something I may or may not have seen, and Diego is my only way out of a world of death and destruction. If only I can believe his dark promises.

Buy Links: 


Excerpt: 
I pause to take one more glance at the river pool below.
And that’s when I see him.

A tall, dark-haired man in a suit, who has moved into the empty room and is standing over by the burning fireplace. Surprise, surprise. He’s dressed for a party. Seems we’re not the only early arrivals.

Where did he come from?

There’s enough natural light that, despite the power outage, I get a good look at him.

God created man. And then God created man. And even from this angle, this guy is as hot as they come.

Midlength midnight black locks of hair tumble haphazardly across his face, covering his eyes and obscuring his forehead and eyes. Bedhead, like he’s just woken up. Except his brisk, calculated movements suggest otherwise. His manner’s rugged, powerful, full of purpose. I’m struck by his handsome profile, the perfectly straight aquiline nose, high cheekbones, and firm, no-nonsense chin. He’s tan, like he spends a lot of time outdoors, his skin the color of café con leche, heavy on the foam.

Lickable.

And his body . . . Lord have mercy, his hands have moved to unbutton his jacket, like he’s ready to show me exactly what’s hidden beneath his finely tailored suit.

He takes off his suit jacket and lays it across a plush white sofa before unfastening the buttons on his blue dress shirt. One button . . . five buttons . . . eight.

What on earth is he doing?

I watch, fascinated, as he kicks off his shoes and strips off his shirt. I’m speechless, probably because my mouth’s gone dry at the sight of his bare chest.

My word, the man is built, with a boxer’s body. Hard in all the right places. A firm, muscled chest. Well-defined arms with thick biceps.
Eight-pack abs that flex as he shifts on his feet.

And oh . . . he’s still moving, unzipping the fly of his pants and shimmying out of the expensively tailored material.

He’s not going to . . . yep, he certainly is.

I gasp as his slacks hit the floor.


Sonja's Review


I've wanted sexy Diego's story ever since I read Rogue and it was even better than I was hoping for! I just loved getting to know him, his heroine, and their story. And seriously, what a story it was! Hit Man was totally amazeballs and I completely loved, loved, loved it!

Aubrey is a total hoot! She reminds me of me - I would definitely be the one to find myself in trouble by doing nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was so amusing and she really was a great sport about everything. Aubrey truly is wonderful though, she's kind and compassionate, she's sweet and always tries to lighten the mood and see the good in people even if they can't always see it themselves. Aubrey is one awesome, kicka*s heroine and I positively loved her!

I loved Diego in Rogue and I only fell for him more once I actually got inside his head - and how could I not?! He's so passionate and full of life and energy and emotion that even when he's being a stubborn jerk at times, you still want to be around him and want his attention. Diego isn't subtle or low-key, he's without a doubt the "go big or go home" type and he always goes big and I loved that about him. I loved how wild and untamed he was, I loved his moments of sweetfulness and thoughtfulness - I just loved Diego!

Hit Man, as you can imagine it, was so full of passion and life that it pretty much had me going from the start all the way to finish line. It breathed excitement, exuded danger, oozed with sexual tension, and melted you with heart and love. Hit Man was utterly fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I absolutely cannot wait to read more of this series!

Hit Man is the third book in the Deadliest Lies series but it can be read as a standalone, it's told from Diego and Aubrey's POV, and they got a good happy ending!

~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars

Author Bio:
Michele Mannon is an avid fan of traveling, skinny cinnamon lattes, and gawking at shirtless men on television--jocks, MMA fighters, vampires, and bikers alike. With a love for different cultures and rich "characters", she earned a degree in French, taught English in Japan, and worked in the NYC fashion industry. Now she puts her experiences to pen, by creating sassy heroines and oh-so sexy Alpha males, and throwing them into situations they'd never dream of being caught in. Michele lives in New Jersey with her family and three wicked cats.

Author Links: 

No comments:

Post a Comment