My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Thursday, June 2, 2016

RELEASE DAY BLITZ REVIEW: Flow by Amity Cross

Title: Flow
Series: The Beat and the Pulse #6
Author: Amity Cross
Genre: Fighter Romance Stand Alone
Release Date: June 2, 2016

Hamish “Goblin” McBride is a formidable cage fighter with a heart of solid gold…until the woman of his dreams smashes it to pieces. The only things he has to soften the blow are his fists and the bottom of a whisky bottle. He's got more than his fair share of problems and being heartbroken wasn't part of the plan. Enter Lori, the mysterious rock chick who works behind the bar at The Underground, the illegal cage fighting league that's Hamish's home away from home. With a boatload of her own problems, starting something with Hamish might just be more trouble than it's worth… Or they might just be made for one another after all.

“The story lines are heartbreaking and brilliant with each character fighting their own battles outside the ring.” - Ramblings from Beneath the Sheets
“All in all a great book and one eager to please fighter fans!” - Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
“From the first word to the last word you will be hooked.” - Hooked on Books

Amity Cross isn’t her real name. That’s no secret. 
She is the author of wicked stories about rock stars looking for redemption, gritty romances featuring MMA fighters and dark tales of forbidden romance. She loves to write about screwed up relationships and kick ass female leads that don’t take s**t lying down.
Amity lives in a leafy country town near Melbourne, Australia and can be found chained to her desk, held at ransom by her characters.
Don’t send help. She likes it.

As soon as I saw that Flow was Hamish's story, I couldn't wait to read it! I've been wanting to read his for as long as I can remember and oh my GOSH, it did NOT disappoint. It was utterly, utterly amazing and I wholeheartedly loved, loved, LOVED it!! 

I loved Lori right from the get-go - she's funny and kind of like sarcastically sassy and she doesn't take any crap from anyone. She's a tough cookie to be sure, but she's actually really sweet, calm, and gentle too. There's just something soothing about where you feel like you could tell her anything and she would listen, not judge you, and give you advice. Lori is strong, courageous, patient, and understanding - she's absolutely wonderful and I completely loved her! 

I've always had a thing for the hot, sexy Irishman fighter and once I got into his head - I totally fell for him! He definitely has his a*shole moments and times where you want to shake him, but he's really a great guy. Hamish is protective and so loyal and devoted to who he considers family. We do hit a few speed bumps with him, but he is excellent and I have no doubts that you'll for Hamish's just like Lori and I did! 

So I've been bad and haven't been reading this series in order. I fell in love with Beat and Pulse and wasn't able to pick it up again until Steel. I loved Steel but I felt like a little bit of that magic from the first two books wasn't there completely and I was a touch worried that Flow would be the same - but I shouldn't have worried because this book was pure magic. It was beautiful, heartbreaking, amusing, and entertaining. It completely sucked me in and I could hardly ever tear myself away from reading. It was an incredible book and I'm excited for the next story in the series! 

Flow is a standalone told from Hamish and Lori's POV and they're happy ending will make you good sigh and warm your heart!

~ Sonja, 5 Stars

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment