My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

REVIEW: Freakshow by Jaden Wilkes


BLURB:
She’s a freak

Born with congenital analgesia, Olivia York’s inability to feel pain is expected—feeling nothing at all is not. Betrayed and unemployed, Olivia joins Cirque des Curiosités, a traveling circus with heavy emphasis on the strange and exotic. She’s hired to sell tickets, but when her unique oddity is discovered, she becomes Orion the ringmaster's assistant in a dangerous performance on the centre stage.

He’s off limits

Cairo, the son of the Cirque's ringmaster is the one man Olivia needs to stay away from. But his rippling muscles, dark tattoos and sensual lips intoxicate her, and before long she surrenders.

When girls start to go missing, her burning need to solve the unfolding mystery leads her to After Dark, the erotic late-night version of the Cirque. Orion is determined to break her bond to Cairo through any means possible, even if it leaves Olivia scarred or dead.

In a world built on illusion and deception, Olivia’s quest to feel something more than curiosity might come at a very steep price.

** Deals with sexual themes that some readers may find offensive. This is a standalone dark urban fantasy novel.


$1.99 special intro price until December 1st, then it goes up to $3.99 and will ONLY be available on Amazon. Get it on other retailers while you can!!





Sonja's Review


Everything about Freakshow appealed to me from the cover to the synopsis. I was sure it was going to be a great read, but I had no idea that it affect me the way that it did. It gave me all of the feels and after I finished it, I needed all of the comforts like tissues, huddling under a blanket, chocolate, and then a nap. It's hours later now and I still feel raw, but I do have to say that it was one amazing book.

Freakshow is so incredibly heartwarming, but also heartbreakingly devastating. It will make your heart pound, make you hold your breath, make you want to scream, and it will make you cry. And while it might not take much to get me to shed a tear or two, it takes a lot to make me squeeze out any more than that, but this book practically had me leaking and just full-on ugly crying. It is an extraordinary book filled with epic moments, tragic moments, scary ones, and despite me not making it sound like it, extremely fun, happy times as well. It's full of so much love, heart, and passion that I couldn't help but love it and I couldn't regret reading it even if I wanted to.

~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment