My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Thursday, May 26, 2016

RELEASE DAY BLITZ: Come To Me by Mary Catherine Gebhard

Title: Come To Me
Series: Owned #3
Author: Mary Catherine Gebhard
Release Date: May 26, 2016
What happens after the happily ever after?
Is it really sunshine and roses?
For Vic Wall, the moon is rising and the roses are wilting.
Turns out the princess has a mental illness.

Lennox Moore is in his blood and bones,
But sometimes blood goes bad and bones break.
Vic wants to fix them,
Is determined to find what turned their love cancer.
Yet maybe the only way to continue,
Is to end.

This is the epic final installment to the Owned series.

Warning: Sometimes people are ugly and what they do even uglier, even to the ones they love.




Sure, I loved the feeling when she came over my hand. I loved how wet she got and I loved knowing that it was me who got her there. I loved the sounds she made. I loved how she let loose and couldn’t contain herself and it made me feel like a fucking god knowing I undid her like that. Still, nothing got me higher than her look. 
There was a moment when Lenny came. A brief, few seconds when I could see inside her. Right before her eyes rolled back, a few seconds before she got that blurry, starry-eyed gaze, I saw her soul. 
I gripped her chin, forced her gaze, and though she fought it, I could see it coming as quickly as she was. Lenny took her lip between her teeth and as her orgasm washed over her, so did she let me see into her soul.


Mary Catherine Gebhard bites off more than she can chew and sometimes calls herself Eva Natsumi. She's lived in Salt Lake City, Utah her entire life, but occasionally goes on vacation from reality. Don't worry, she sends postcards.





Sonja's Review


Before I started Come To Me, I was really nervous about this book, like so nervous that I almost decided to pass on reading it now and maybe saving it for sometime later. I am so, so glad that I didn't though because once I started it, all of my worry and anxiousness went away. It was positively amazing and I loved, loved, loved it! 

I absolutely adored Lenny in You Own Me - she made me laugh so much and I just loved her for that. I have enjoyed seeing her since then in Grace's story and this one was no different. Granted, she's a little crazy and there were times when she made me cringe a little but I still love her for who she is. Lennox is passionate and stubborn and a fighter and yeah, so what if she's a little cray cray sometimes? We all have our crazy and hers is what makes her special and what makes her Lenny. 

Part of the reason - okay, most of the reason - why I was so nervous to read Come To Me was because of Vic. I loved how possessive he was in You Own Me, the man is seriously HOT, but that was about the only thing he had going for him for me. I didn't have a lot of faith in him when it came to his feelings for Lenny and while I wanted them to be together, I had my doubts about him. I am so happy to say though, that he completely, one hundred percent, without a single doubt changed my mind about him in this book. In fact, he totally stole my heart, stole the show, and was definitely the star of Come To Me. I can't deny the way Vic feels about Lennox, he's wholeheartedly in love with her, and he just made me fall wholeheartedly in love with him. Vic turned out to be an excellent hero and I'm honestly going to miss him and if you have reservations about him like I did, please give him a chance because I know that he can make you fall in love with him too! 

I was kind of missing the humor from You Own Me in Let Me Go, but Ms. Gebhard brought a good deal of it back for Come To Me - it was funny and at times ridiculous but in a silly, good way. It was beautiful and heartbreaking and full of action, heat, and passion. It will make your heart pound, your mind race, get your blood pumping, and make you feel a little crazy and desperate yourself sometimes, but you will also laugh and good sigh and there will be times where it's hard not to smile. 

Come To Me is hands down Ms. Gebhard's best book, not only in the series, but out of all of her books. There is so much heart in this book that it would be impossible for me not to love it or for it to not be my favorite. It definitely is and although it might be hard for a new book to take its place, I can't WAIT for her next book! 

You should read the series in order, but if you read one book before Come To Me, it should be You Own Me. It is mostly told from Vic's POV, and Lennox and Vic do get their happily-ever-after and this time you know it will stick, no matter what! 

~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment