My Booklandia

My Booklandia

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

RELEASE DAY BLITZ REVIEW: Letting Her Lead by Alexa Riley

LHL.jpg

Lucias Houston is president of the Ghost Riders MC. He carries the club on this shoulders with nothing but his brothers on his mind. Until he lays eyes on her.

Elizabeth “Izzy” Force is a veterinarian who spends her time either working, or gaming online. Her life is simple and she likes it just fine…until a baby bulldog pulls in the hottest-looking beast of a man she’s ever seen.
They come from two very different worlds, but they’re about to collide. Can Lucias convince Izzy he’s worth the risk?

Warning: This is an MC book like no other. There’s no cheating, no sweet butts, and it has all the sweet, cheesy goodness Alexa Riley stirs up. Saddle up and ride!

AP new - excerpt.jpg
CHAPTER ONE
Izzy
Sitting on the end of the bed in the dark, I rub my eyes, trying to relieve a little bit of the tension. Even after my shower, I still feel the day coating me. At least I have the next few days off from the clinic. Maybe I can finally catch up on some sleep.
Sadly, I was actually relieved when I got the call from the police department to tell me my brother was in jail. He won’t be out until he sees the judge, and there’s nothing I can do for him until that point. That takes things out of my hands, and I don’t have to decide if I’m willing to fork over the money to bail him out. Again. Who am I kidding? I know I would.
“I’m sorry, Grandma,” I whisper.
No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to keep my brother out of trouble. He has a way of falling into it, and I know for a fact he’s mixed up with a motorcycle gang now. It’s something I know nothing about. I spend my days working and my nights with my nose stuck in a book. Or raiding with my guild. My brother and I couldn’t be more different. How we both shared a womb at one time, I have no idea.
We’re twins, but while I went to college, made perfect grades, and wanted nothing to do sex, parties, and drugs, that’s all Dusty seems to do. I don’t even know what he does for a living, but he always appears to have a ton of cash just as quick as he seems to be broke. My guess would be drugs. He’d put our grandma who raised us through hell until she took her last breath.
Pulling the covers back on the bed, I start to crawl under when I hear a noise coming from the front of the house. I reach for my phone on the night stand and come up empty. Shit. I left it in the living room along with my laptop. Double shit.
I wait another second, just to be sure I’m not freaking out, but then I hear another sound.
I open the bedside drawer and pull out my grandfather’s revolver. I’ve been keeping it in the drawer since my brother moved back home. It’s not that I was scared of him. No, I was scared of who he hung around with. I’d come home early one night to find him and three other men in the living room, and after that, I wasn’t taking any chances.
The feelings they gave me made my blood run cold. Dusty pulled me aside and scolded me for coming home early and interrupting him in whatever it was he was doing. I had to call before I came home to my own house? This house was equally ours. It was left to both of us by our grandma, but he hadn’t lived here for years. Until recently. As much as it pissed me off that he expected me to call if I was coming home early, I did after that because I didn’t have the urge to run into his friends ever again.
I don’t know crap about motorcycle gangs, but what I do know, I want no part of. I’ll stick to my Warcraft guilds and gamebattle friends. I’ve never met any of them personally, but I highly doubt they look like my brother’s friends.
Slowly opening my bedroom door, I listen for another sound. This time, there’s nothing. Maybe it was the wind, I think to myself, waiting for a few minutes, still not hearing anything. The alarm would have gone off, I keep telling myself.
I creep down the hall and almost make it almost to the living room when a sound draws my eyes to the dining room. Without thinking, I scream and pull the trigger. The bang goes off louder than I thought possible, the recoil making my arm kick back, and I drop the gun.
“Fucking shit shit shit!” I hear a woman’s voice exclaim before I’m crushed to the ground by a body so big it feels like a giant concrete boulder landed on me and knocked the air out of my lungs.
The room floods with light, and I stare up at the scariest face I’ve ever seen. Scars run down his face in angry lines. His hard blue eyes look deadly. I push against him, and he actually yields to my efforts, but he takes me with him as he stands, grabbing me by my arm in a firm, unbreakable hold.
“Find him,” Scarred Guy barks, his voice just as scary as his face. Some tall skinny guy takes off through my house, and I study the man still holding my arm. He’s as big as a concrete boulder. “She’s losing a good amount of blood.” I look over and see a man on his knees next to a dark-haired woman who is holding her leg.
“No fucking shit, Sherlock,” the woman on the ground snaps. “I’ve been shot. Vincent is going to kill me. I can hear his mouth already. I’ve been playing with guns my whole life. My whole fucking life. Never been shot. I do this one small task, and this thing shoots me.”
Her eyes snap over to me, and she glares at me so hard she could give Scarred Guy a run for his money. I just stand there. I can’t seem to form a sentence as I just watch what’s playing out in front of me. I’m not even sure if I’m breathing at this point.
“Nothing, man. No one is here.” The skinny guy searching the house comes back to join us, a little out of breath. “Is she Pinch’s bitch?” he asks, nodding at me.
I know Pinch is my brother. I’ve heard a few other people call him that. I look around the room to see everyone is wearing leather jackets. The one leaning over the dark-haired woman makes the writing on the back easy to read. Ghost Riders.
“I knew I should have shot that little shit with more than a rubber bullet,” the woman says, trying to pull herself to her feet. But as she does, her legs give out on her, and she lands back down on her ass.
“Goddamn it, Casper! Sit the fuck still.”
“I’m not going to a hospital.” She pushes the man, and I see the bloodstain spread on her jeans.
“Stop that! You’re making it worse. You need medical attention. Stitches at the least. That much is clear,” I exclaim, unable to help myself.
“You a doctor or some shit?” the scarred man gripping my arm asks, looking down at me.
“No. Veterinarian.”
“Good enough. Get Cas in the truck and clean that blood off the floor.”
The man next to Cas picks her up and heads out the front door while she mumbles about some Vincent guy. Why hasn’t the alarm gone off? The skinny guy picks up the gun I dropped and cleans up the blood on the floor with his shirt.
"You got a medical kit?”
I nod my head.
“Good. Get it. If you try something…” He doesn’t have to say what will happen if I try something. I get the message loud and clear. I won’t be trying anything.
He finally lets me go, and I run to the front door and pick up the medical bag I keep for emergency calls.
“Make sure everything is cleaned up. I don’t know if anyone heard that shot,” Scarred Guy barks.
“Got it, Savage. See you at the compound.”
Savage grabs me by the arm once again and pulls me outside. As the cold air hits my legs, I realize I have nothing on but a shirt that barely hits mid-thigh, underwear, and socks.
I start to protest, but he pushes me into a truck. Cas is lying on the back seat, and the man who carried her out sits behind the wheel. Savage, whose every inch embodies his name, slams the door and informs me of my fate.
“She dies, you die.”

AP new - buy the book.jpg
Amazon US  Amazon UK  Amazon CA  

goodreads-badge.png

Other books in the series

  PHT.jpg   

   Amazon US    Amazon UK    Amazon CA      

 BatB.jpg



LHL-Teaser1.jpg

LHL-Teaser2.jpg

LHL-Teaser3.jpg

LHL-Teaser4.jpg
Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes.
They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you!

Author Links

AR sig.jpg

ArdentProse_LogoMain.jpg


Lydia's Review


Letting Her Lead is about the President of the MC, Lucias, and Izzy, the slightly nerdy veterinarian, he is after. When he sets his eyes on Izzy he is determined to have her, but she turns him down every time.

I love, love, love how growly and alpha Lucias was and that he would not take no for an answer and when he finally got his hands on Izzy... he was not letting her go - no matter what. Izzy was funny and quirky and extremely attracted to Lucias even though she wanted nothing to do with him because he was part of a motorcycle club. But like with all of Alexa's female leads, once he gets his hands and mouth on her, she can't say no anymore.

I really enjoy the Ghost Rider MC books and I hope there is more to come with this series. Letting Her Lead checks off all my must haves: safe read, insta-love, steamy chemistry, dirty talk, and an HEA. Izzy and Lucias are definitely five plus stars for me!

~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment